SOUND DESIGN FOR PROS Webinar Series (next date tbd)
David Sonnenschein offers live coaching sessions
+ 12 hours of lectures and demos
* Master theory and application of your audio craft to become a competent all-round professional
* Discover sonic tools and tricks to find an expressive voice and maximize your creativity
* Impact the audience effectively on intellectual, emotional and visceral levels
* Build successful communication skills with job-hiring producers and the post team
Live Session Dates: Four consecutive Mondays, Nov. 5 – 25, 6-7pm PST
More Discounts! If you have enrolled previously in a PAID webinar with David, you can get the following discounts on this series:
SECRETS FOR GREAT FILM SOUND = 25% OFF ($188 total)
SOUND DESIGN FOR PROS = 50% OFF ($124 total)
Just email him at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the dates of the previous webinar, and you’ll get a discount code for registering.
“David’s workshops rock! His mastery of the material is clear from the first lesson. What really sets David’s workshops apart, though, is his gift for teaching, and personal interest in student’s work. He invited me to share a commercial film I was making with the class, and as a result I gained insights that helped me win quick approval of the project from my client. In that way, the class paid for itself right away.”
*** FOUR WEEKS OF PERSONAL COACHING – You will be invited to screen your sound design projects, finished or works-in-progress, for detailed, interactive feedback. This is undoubtedly the most powerful form of learning, where you can apply all the theory into your own work and creativity.
*** TWELVE HOURS of Lectures and Demonstrations of Sound Design principles.
You will have access to the recordings of this entire coursework theory and application with case studies to view as many times as you would like for the next 3 months. The six modules cover:
1. THE INTELLIGENT EAR – Listening Modes, Sound Qualities and Bipolarities
By deconstructing the listening experience into discrete elements, the grammar of sound design language gives you access for clear and powerful communication.
2. PLUG-IN POWER – Size, Distance, Speed and Non-Physical Reality
Understanding principles of real world acoustics and palette of subjective auditory experiences offers you enlightened use of digital processing tools.
3. RULES OF the BRAIN ROAD – Psychoacoustic Principles and Applications
When the curtain is lifted on how humans process auditory information, you master the art of sonic illusion (creating and hiding) as essential tools in sound editing.
4. SONIC TIME-SPACE CONTINUUM – Soundscapes and Sound Spheres
Creating an effective cinematic space depends on familiarity with your physical and social environment, and the knowledge of how to psychologically orient yourself through audio.
5. AUDIO BUILDING BLOCKS – Constructing Sound Events and Sound Objects
Mastering techniques of sequencing, layering and mixing will infuse sonic fragments (sound effects, words) with meaningful messages (sound phrases, sentences).
6. PEOPLE, PLOT AND PASSION – Narrative Structure and Sound Mapping
Bottom line, how can sound help tell your story? By understanding dramatic elements of character and emotion, the map can guide you to creative and impactful decision-making.